Saturday, July 3, 2010

Girl Scout backyard campout

One of the last daisy girl scout activities was a backyard campout, hawaiian style! Somehow...my house got nomitated to house FOURTEEN 7 year olds and 6 moms! It was a little nuts on my part, but we had a BLAST and I would for sure offer to do it again next year. There was not a down moment, we had the girls on a schedule of fun events starting at 5:00pm and ending the next morning at 8:30, including: hula dancing lessons, flip flop decorating, hawaiian pizza, lei making, hula-hoop contest, and we watched a movie outside to complete our evening!

All the girls did great away from their parents. I got a kick of how many girls brought air mattresses to sleep on! I thought they were just for us old people :-) Sorry to those of you that got kicked off of your air mattresses, just for the sake of the girls comfort. After the movie, the girls konked out about 10:30pm, which I'm sure was greatly appreciated from our neighbors. Slowly the girls started waking up at 4:45AM (stinkin sun!) and proceeded to play on the playground and had their 2nd round of hula hooping...again I'm sure my neighbors appreciated that...but hey it was one time and THEY had fun!! We "the moms" had a great time and loved surprising the girls with a "silly string" attack! Overall, the sleepover was awesome and we only ended up with ONE dog bite injury :)!!




Breakfast of champions! Thanks to some awesome dad for bringing us breakfast burritos!!




Just had to throw in a few "black mail" photos! Thanks to all of you that helped out. I couldnt have done it without you!! We have such a great group of parents...and now great friends!! So fun!!

No comments: