Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kindergarten baby!!

Well it has been a couple of weeks now since Jaeden has started Kindergarten (mom's a little late with the blogging!). Jaeden woke up bright and early at 5:45am, ready for school! She was so excited. Chad, Talan, and myself walked her up to the gated kindergarten playground where she went in to lay her backpack down. As many of you know, Jaeden is relatively shy until you get to know her. So she just stood in line watching the other kids and taking it all in. As we stood behind the gates, it was all I could do to hold back my tears! It seems like just yesterday that I was holding her in my arms..I can remember all the details..it goes so fast! I felt like we were standing behind the prison gates just visiting her (I know horrible thought..but that's how I felt!). As her class went in, we waved goodbye, blew kisses, and the tears started rolling (my tears, not hers!). As you can imagine, I was SO excited to pick her up! I secretly brought my video camera and had it rolling as she got in, hee, hee! I didn't want to miss any details of her 1st day! But because Talan thought he needed to put in his two cents, you couldn't hear much so I turned it off. I think I bombarded her with every question possible, but I still do three weeks later :-) The first week was the hardest, but it's getting easier !

All in all, she loves school and is doing very well. Her teacher says she is eager to please and loves to earn Independence Bucks (she can use at the school store). We are so proud of her!

1 comment:

Carol said...

she is very cute holding her backpack, what a big girl!