Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Not so innocent!

On to Talan...

I love my dear son, but he has been causing us so much grief lately. I know it's his age, or at least I hope so...this can't be a permanent thing! So Talan has been in Apples to Zebras (a preschool class) now for almost 6 weeks. We had some crying spells, etc in the beginning. However, he has been an angel and loving class for a while now.
SO..I pick him up yesterday and his teacher proceeds to tell me that he was in timeout for hitting & punching. Surprise, surprise! I feel like he lives in timeout lately at home. He and daddy are always playing karate kid..Talan calls himself Johnny. You know the guy that is always beating up on Danielson?! Yeah, that's our son!

Anyways. So he's in timeout and here's what she explains to me:

Talan: picking his nose (in timeout)
His teacher: "Talan please don't do that, get up and go wash your hands"
Talan: Looks at her, doesn't get up to wash his hands, but INSTEAD decides to eat his dangling booger! GROSS!
His teacher: "Talan, gross, now go wash your hands PLEASE!"
Talan: gets up and pretends like he's going to wash his hands, but instead runs to the other class where is buddy Logan is!

So needless to say, I was completely mortified! We were supposed to have a play date at his friends house, but I had to stick to my guns and pass on that one. So after crying all the way home, banning a couple of disney movies, and missing a playdate, I think he learned his lesson. Guess we'll find out next week..one more week left. Hopefully they will accept him back!

7 comments:

Scottie and Megany said...

oh i look forward to having boys :) haha it sounds like you got your hands full with him. he's so cute though! how could you ban all those fun things from him?! jk

Carol said...

that does not look like the face of a naughty boy to me :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

ha ha ha ha . . . . He makes me laugh. He's completely all boy. You are doing a great job as a mom, keep it up! But don't be surprised when he finds something else to do that causes you stress, it's not a one time deal, its continuous. Enjoy being a mom because it goes by so fast. Have a Happy Mother's Day, Kristi
I'll have to show Barry this when he gets home.

Anonymous said...

Talan act like this??? But he's so shy... Good story to keep for his first girlfriend! Next time call daddy and let him cry to daddy. Just know, Chad had his moments too..hitting his sister in the head with a bottle..

The Cecil Clan said...

So typical of a boy! I love to hear that other moms have horror stories too! Love it! Don't worry - he'll turn out normal some day! That's my personal mantra anyway! :)

Jenn said...

Awe, what an adventure! I feel like Grace is in time out or sitting a lot lately too. She's a little toughy on her brother (and mother). :) We all cry about that sort of stuff so don't beat yourself up. We're just doing the best we can.